Women’s Services (GYN Care)
At Women’s Choice Medical Center we offer general women’s services (gynecological care) and specialize in minor gynecological surgery. We are capable of performing any minor surgical procedure that does not require an overnight stay at a hospital.
Some of the gyn services and minor surgeries we perform include but are not limited to:
- Annual Exam – A yearly check up that includes a breast exam, an interior and exterior vaginal exam and a PAP smear.
- Pregnancy Testing – Both urine and blood tests are available to all women to determine, if they are pregnant.
- Birth Control Counseling – We offer prescriptions for birth control pills, Depo Provera injections as well as IUDs for women who choose this method the same day of the appointment.
- STD Testing & Treatment – Such testing may include screening for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Hepatitis, HIV, and Syphilis. It is important to know that such testing is not necessarily performed during an annual exam or PAP smear and should be requested.
- Colposcopy – A procedure to examine your cervix, vagina and vulva for signs of disease. During a colposcopy, your doctor uses a special instrument called a colposcope. This procedure may be recommended if your pap test result is abnormal.
- Cryosurgery – This procedure, also called cryotherapy, is the use of extreme cold in surgery to destroy abnormal or diseased tissue in the cervix.
- Laser and LEEP Procedures – This stands for Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure and is a treatment that prevents cervical cancer. A small electrical wire loop is used to remove abnormal cells from your cervix. LEEP surgery may be performed after abnormal cells are found during a Pap Smear test, colposcopy or biopsy.
- Diagnostic D&C – This is a surgical procedure that consists in taking endometrial and endocervical material to diagnose a possible condition.
- Cauterization of vulvar and vaginal warts – This procedure removes genital warts by burning them with a low-voltage electrified probe. A numbing medicine is used for pain control.
- Cold Knife Cone Biopsy – This biopsy is used as a diagnostic tool and treatment for cervical pre-cancer and cancer.
- Treatment of Bartlyn Abcess – This condition can occur when one of the Bartholin’s glands, located on either side of the vaginal opening, becomes infected.
Our Board Certified Gynecologists are affiliated with Englewood Hospital.
Women’s Choice Medical Center experienced nursing and counseling staff, will be on hand to answer all of your questions about your gynecological concerns or needs.
If you have general questions about birth control, pregnancy tests, and/or STDs — use our General Contact form.