Before Your Abortion
Below you will find some simple Before Your Abortion instructions.
Please Note: Walk-ins are welcome!
How to Prepare for a Non-surgical Abortion (Abortion Pill)
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the day before your visit.
- You will need someone to drive you home. You can come alone, if you are receiving the medical abortion (Abortion Pill).
- Please arrive at our Center between 8 am and 11 am on Tuesdays, Thursdays or Saturdays.
- All fees must be paid the day of the procedure.
- We accept cash, credit cards and all insurances.
- If you plan to use insurance, please call our receptionists ahead to verify your insurance, and provide you with certain documents in advance of your visit.
How to Prepare for a Surgical Abortion
- Do not eat or drink anything starting from midnight the night before your appointment. This includes water, chewing gum or mints.
- Leave all of your jewelry and valuables at home
- Have someone drive you to the facility, and either stay or return to take you home after you’ve been discharged.
- Please do not bring children to the facility
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call to reschedule
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Bring or wear a pair of socks
- You can bring a family member, friend or partner
Please read the following Patient Notifications “before” your abortion appointment.
The following documents are New Jersey state required reading materials. Please open and read thoroughly.
- Ownership Disclosure Notification – Read Only
- Patient Rights – Read Only
- Advanced Directive – An Advanced Directive or Living Will is a document that reflects your wishes concerning medical care in the event that you are unable to make decisions for yourself.
- If you already have an Advanced Directive, please bring a copy with you to your appointment.
- Advance Directive link – General questions and answers about Advance Directive. How to complete one if you don’t already have one.